Seasoned New York Divorce Lawyer Provides Guidance and Advice
DEDICATED ATTORNEY HELPS INDIVIDUALS IN NEW YORK CITY AND LONG ISLAND WITH SUPPORT, CUSTODY AND MORE
Contested divorce proceedings often involve intense emotions and significant expense. At the Law Offices of Michelle M. Delgado, P.C., our goal is to help clients get through their divorce proceedings without added stress or difficulty. Inevitably, the dissolution of a marriage involves crucial decisions about how your shared property will be divided and how your children will be cared for. Michelle M. Delgado’s knowledge of New York laws and practices enables her to provide advice on all aspects of divorce, and to address any questions or concerns you may have.
While countless divorces are “uncontested” and settled out-of-court, many are “contested” and litigated in court. In a “contested” divorce, the spouses are unable to come to an agreement on one or more issues. When spouses cannot agree, often litigation becomes necessary to reach a just and equitable resolution to your family’s disputes. In those instances, the parties appear before a judge in court and the judge makes the final decision on all issues that they were not able to negotiate and settle. Through tactical trial strategies and professional courtroom presence, Attorney Delgado successfully represents clients throughout the litigation process. She is prepared to handle the complex aspects of your divorce methodically to obtain the most favorable trial outcome.
Since 1994, Michelle M. Delgado has litigated and tried cases before the Supreme Court of the State of New York and the Family Court of the State of New York. In countless instances, she has obtained favorable results for her clients.
COMMITTED ADVOCATE STRIVES FOR FAIR SUPPORT AND PROPERTY ARRANGEMENTS
At the Law Offices of Michelle M. Delgado, P.C., we will work to develop the best possible solutions for all aspects of your divorce, which may include:
- Child custody and parenting time — Court orders determine where your child will live, how parenting time will be shared and to what degree each parent gets to make decisions about their child's life. We will work to ensure your parental rights are protected while advocating for your children’s welfare.
- Child support — Various factors are used to calculate child support payments, from each parent's income to each child's individual needs. We will seek an order that is fair to all parties.
- Equitable distribution of property — The division of your home and other assets often depends on whether property is owned by a couple or by just one spouse. We will help you seek a fair division of the marital estate.
- Division of marital debts — Both spouses may be accountable for debts accrued by the couple, or one partner may be found to be more responsible.
- Spousal support / maintenance — Whether you seek spousal support, also known as alimony, on a permanent or temporary basis, or must pay it, we will seek a fair determination so that a divorce doesn’t leave you financially strapped.
With commitment and conviction, Michelle M. Delgado will argue for fair arrangements, always keeping in mind your best interests and those of your children. If litigation is necessary to reach just and equitable resolutions to support, custody and other matters, Michelle M. Delgado is prepared to advocate on your behalf in court in pursuit of the most favorable outcome.
Contact a skilled New York divorce attorney
At the Law Offices of Michelle M. Delgado, P.C. we represent divorcing spouses throughout New York City and Long Island. Call the firm at 212.391.7755 or contact the firm online to schedule a consultation.